Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Tammy's Toasted Ravioli

Okay, so I didn't invent this, but I've certainly perfected it (if I must say so myself!). Chris and the kids love toasted ravioli and if you make enough, it will fill you up fast. I think it was intended to be an appetizer, but in our house, this turns into a meal some nights.

2 eggs
splash of milk
salt and pepper
1 1/2 cups Italian bread crumbs
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
parsley - chopped or fresh
fresh cheese ravioli - about a pound
(you can use frozen too, just make sure they're thawed)
3-4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

Beat eggs and milk with salt and pepper. In a second dish, combine bread crumbs with cheese and parsley. Coat the pasta in egg mixture then bread crumbs. Heat olive oil over medium heat in a skillet then toast the ravioli until deep golden brown, about five minutes on each side.

Serve with your favorite marinara sauce.

* WARNING: these suckers can be deceptively hot - the filling inside is much warmer than the crunchy outside.

2 comments:

Missy said...

as if I wasn't hungry already...
NOW I'm STARVING!
;)

Jane said...

I truly love t-ravs. They're a St. Louis thing... and all my girlies out there know when I come visit I must have them. I never thought to try to make them at home... thanks!