Monday, October 20, 2008

Potato Chip Cookies

This recipe is from Grandma Maribel (Matt's maternal grandmother). She shared the recipe with me and these are a favorite in our household.

1 cup Crisco butter-flavored shortening
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 cups sifted flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups crushed potato chips
1 cup chopped pecans

Mix together the shortening, sugar, brown sugar and eggs until well combined. Then add remaining ingredients and mix well.

Place rounded tablespoon sized cookies on baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.

2 comments:

Jane said...

So funny... I just found a recipe at my sister's for potato chip cookies and thought it sounded like a PMS dream come true. I'm not a fan of pecans... but I bet chocolate chips would be good! YUM!

Tammy said...

Oh fun! My Grandma Hubbs made these all the time. I have her recipe in my book but have never tried making them.