Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Parmesan/Romano Crusted Chicken

I thought you might like this given our shared love for Cap City's version. I'm actually making it tonight and it's a big hit with Chris and the kids. Very easy, very flavorful and, for once, the chicken stays moist!

- 1/2 cup real mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup parmesan or romano cheese
(I prefer romano)
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 5 tsp. dry bread crumbs
(I use plain, recipe calls for Italian seasoned)

Preheat oven to 425°.

In a medium bowl, combine mayo and cheese. Arrange chicken in glass baking dish. Evenly top with mayo mixture, then sprinkle with bread crumbs. Flip over and do the other side.

Bake 20-25 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. I always cover mine with foil to lock in the moisture. Super simple and delish.

4 comments:

Jane said...

Oh, yummers. What do you serve with this? I shall make indeed. Do you think I could use sour cream instead of mayo? I'm not a big mayo person.

Tammy said...

Tonight we'll be rocking the mashed potatoes and a green veggie. But you could probably do a salad or something.

And as far as the mayo - I SWEAR you don't even taste it! Chris HATES mayo and he has never figured it out. I'd be a little weird about sour cream - not sure it would stay as moist.

Shana said...

I make a similar version of this, but I dredge the chicken in flour, then egg, then the bread crumbs and cheese. I heat about 1 TBSP. vegetable or canola oil for about 3-5 minutes on each side or until golden, then put the pan in the oven and bake at 350 for about 15 - 20 minutes.

velvet moore said...

tried this tonight. pretty tasty! I was hesitant about the mayo b/c i thought it would stay gooey, but worked nicely. I think next time I'll try it without covering with foil. I'd prefer it crispier.