Sunday, October 5, 2008

Shredded BBQ Chicken

I found this recipe in my go to cookbook - Easy Weeknight Favorites. I've made this a number of times. It's a great crock pot recipe that freezes well.

1/2 lemon, sliced and seeded
6 boneless chicken breasts
1/2 cup cola
18 0z. bottle of your favorite barbecue sauce
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup water

Place lemon slices in the bottom of a crock pot. Add chicken. Combine cola and barbecue sauce; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on HIGH for 3-1/2 to 4 hours or on LOW for 7 hours. Remove chicken to a platter and shred; reserving sauce in crock pot (discard lemon).

Combine the flour and water, stirring well with a whisk; stir into sauce in crock pot. Cook sauce, uncovered, on HIGH for 10 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Return shredded chicken to crock pot and serve.

2 comments:

Jane said...

Yum! That would be good in a wrap or over a salad. Will make this week.

Tammy said...

I have a lot of chicken in my freezer. I'll give this one a shot too. Cola. Interesting.