Monday, October 27, 2008

Chicken Tortellini Soup

Sometimes you just need good-for-the-soul chicken soup. I am not a huge fan of traditional chicken noodle soup, so this is my take on a classic. Perfect on a chilly evening... I just made a big pot tonight.

32 oz container chicken broth
4 cups water
1/2 cup very dry white wine (you can skip this and just add extra broth or water)
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup (I use 98% reduced fat)
2 cups chopped cooked chicken (I use rotisserie chicken breast)
1 (7oz) pkg frozen cheese tortellini
1 small onion, chopped
1 cup carrots
1 cup celery
2 tsp chicken boullion granules
2 garlic cloves, minced fine
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp dried thyme
fresh cracked pepper to taste

In a large soup pot, combine all ingredients except tortellini. Bring to a boil; add tortellini. Simmer 30 minutes.

1 comment:

Shana said...

I made this for dinner tonight. It was delicious and a good take on chicken soup. I'll definitely be making this again. It's very hearty and filling.