Sunday, October 12, 2008

Mom's Lemon Chicken

So my mom has one of the simplest and tastiest recipes for lemon chicken.
Pair it with some rice (I use lipton's chicken rice) and broccoli, and it's a complete meal.
So here goes!

4 Chicken Breasts
2 Cups Water
2 Chicken Bouillon Cubes
Flour (For Coating Chicken)
2 TBSP Butter
1/4 Cup Lemon Juice (I use a full cup - but I love LEMON!!)
Garlic Powder

-Boil water then add bouillon cubes
-Coat chicken breasts in flour
-Brown chicken in butter
-Add lemon juice & chicken broth
-Sprinkle chicken with garlic powder
-Simmer 1 hour with lid on

That's it!
The juice and broth make a great sauce to spoon over your chicken and rice.

3 comments:

Jane said...

Ah, the infamous lemon chicken I've been hearing so much about in all the years I've known you. This one's on deck at the Abel household!

YUM!

Missy said...

You'll have to let me know how it goes!!
I made the black bean soup tonight - it was a HIT!
:)
definitely going on the "make again" list.

Unknown said...

Jane introduced me to this blog. Lots of great looking recipes ladies. I made this lemon chicken last night and it was delicious, it made the chicken really tender. I used a full cup of lemon juice and I think I'd cut it back to 1/2-3/4 of a cup next time, but I will definitely be making again.