Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Ross' Awesome Apple Crisp

Our assignment editor, Ross, was talking about how he and his wife Jenn made this recently. After picking apples this weekend, I insisted on the recipe. I even called the poor guy when he was home sick one day. He finally delivered and so did this recipe!

10 apples, peeled and sliced *
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup water
2 cups oats
2 cups flour
2 cups brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350.

Mix the sliced apples, white sugar, 1 tablespoon flour and 1 teaspoon cinnamon together. Pour mixture into a buttered 9 x 13" baking pan. Pour 1/4 water (or apple cider) over the apples.

Combine the oats, 2 cup flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and melted butter. Crumble evenly over all. Sprinkle sugar and cinnamon over top.

Bake at 350 for 45-40 minutes. (I covered with foil after about 20 minutes).

Definitely, definitey, definitely serve with vanilla bean ice cream. A must.

* I cut my apples in 1/8ths and they were still a little firm. I would suggest either baking a little longer or cutting your apples smaller. But if you like a firmer apple, then these directions are perfect.

2 comments:

Jane said...

I don't even know that Ross... but I like him! And not just because he's all Go Johnny Go, like me. :o)

Arica :) said...

Finally! I asked him for this recipe too and he never delivered. Thanks ladies for being my new "source".