Thursday, November 20, 2008

White Chicken Chili

My friend, Beth, shared this recipe with me. This would be perfect on a cold, snowy night. Enjoy!

2-3 TBSP olive oil
1 medium onion, diced
2 large cloves garlic minced
1 ½ tsp ground cumin
½ tsp dried marjoram
1 tsp dried oregano
½ TBSP jalapeno peppers, chopped (optional)
½ tsp cayenne pepper
2 cans northern beans
1 lb cooked chicken, diced
3-4 cups chicken stock
1 ½ cups white cheese, shredded
½ cup salsa

Saute first seven ingredients in olive oil for five minutes. Add beans and stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and add diced chicken, salsa and half of the cheese. Simmer until heated through.

When serving, sprinkle with remaining cheese and sour cream. Great with tortilla chips!

3 comments:

Jane said...

I will definitely be making this. I've been looking for a good white chicken chili recipe. Have you tried Zuppa's? They have it on Thursdays, which is also potato cheddar day. I tried the white chicken chili by default because they were out of potato cheddar. Long story short, it's my new favorite there... YUM, thanks to Beth for sharing.

Shana said...

I think I'm going to make this for dinner tomorrow night.

Jane said...

Made this tonight. Per my brother's girlfriend's suggestions, added a can of Rotel instead of the jalapenos and salsa, and added some frozen corn. I also added 1/2 cup half-and-half when I stirred in the cheese. It was PERFECT! This will be served at the Abel house again and again this winter. :o)