Wednesday, November 5, 2008

California Chicken Bake


I got this recipe years ago from one of those little paperback pillsbury magazine/cookbooks.
It's so simple and so so good. The cilantro really adds to the flavor... so don't skip it Tammy!! And the cheese mixes in with the rice making a messy, yet tasty side dish. Enjoy!!

California Chicken Bake

2 Cups Shredded Taco-Flavored Cheese
3/4 Cup of Uncooked Regular Long Grain White Rice
1/4 Cup of Chopped Fresh Cilantro
1 Cup of Salsa
1 Cup of Water
4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Halves

1. Heat oven to 350. Spray 12x8 inch (2 quart) glass baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Reserve 1/2 cup of cheese for topping. In large bowl, combine remaining cheese, rice, salsa, water and cilantro. Mix well. Spoon into sprayed baking dish and spread evenly. Arrange chicken over rice mixture. Cover with foil.
3. Bake at 350 for 55 to 65 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with reserved cheese. Bake uncovered an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. 

2 comments:

Jane said...

YUMMERS! I think I will make this for dinner this weekend. Thanks, Missy! I'm always looking for new things to do with chicken.

Tammy said...

Ha! I would totally skip the cilantro. But I'm glad you posted this because I'm always looking for something to do with chicken!!