Saturday, November 22, 2008

Cindy's Pumpkin Pie

My Aunt Cindy makes the most delicious pumpkin pies every year for Thanksgiving. She has used this recipe for years. We look forward to those pies every year. Note that this recipe makes three pies. One for you and two to share!


Crust
4 cups of flour
1-1/3 cup of Crisco
2 tsp. salt
10-14 TBSP cold water

Blend crisco and flour together with pastry blender until the consistency of corn meal. Add salt and blend. Add water. Knead a few times on a floured surface. Roll out. Makes three pie crusts.


Pie Filling
1 29oz. can of pumpkin
1 tsp. salt
3 1/2 cups of milk
5 eggs
1 1/3 cups sugar
2-1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground cloves

Mix ingredients together with a mixer. Fill homemade pie crusts. Bake pies at 350 for about 40 to 50 minutes.

2 comments:

Jane said...

I am so scared to make pumpkin pie from scratch. I'm scarred from a story I always heard growing up - my mom turned it green one year! HAHA. I will have to get over my fear and try this recipe or Tammy's below... thanks for sharing a family fav. Is your aunt coming to dinner or will you be making these Thursday?

Shana said...

I'm going to try to bake them this year! ;0)