Saturday, November 1, 2008

Crockpot Cranberry-Apple Pork

I have this in the crockpot for dinner tonight...

3-4 pound pork loin
1 can cranberry sauce
1/2 cup apple juice (I used cider)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 onion, chopped
2 apples, peeled and chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
salt and pepper to taste

In a small bowl, combine cranberry sauce, apple juice, brown sugar and garlic. Salt and pepper the pork loin and place in bottom of crockpot. Place apples and onions around the pork. Pour sauce over top. Cook on low 7-9 hours. I plan to serve this with mashed pototoes and broccoli tonight.
**12/20/09 - Made this a few nights ago. Forgot how yummy it is. This time I seared the tenderloin first, and used unsweetened applesauce instead of apple juice because I didn't have any. I liked what it did for the sauce. Also threw in a handful of dried cranberries. Next time I will do more. Served over couscous. YUM!

No comments: