Sunday, November 9, 2008

Easy Italian Beef

This is one of my oldest go-to recipes. The beef turns out really tender and makes delicious sandwiches.

3-4 lb beef roast, eye of the round
1 can beef broth
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 envelope dry Italian dressing mix
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 jar sliced pepperonicis, with juice
fresh cracked pepper to taste

Place the roast in the bottom of crockpot. In a small bowl, combine broth, garlic, dressing mix and seasoning. Pour over meat. Top with pepperonicis, juice and pepper. Cook on low 8 hours. When finished cooking, shred the meat with two forks. Leave the meat in the juice to store to keep it tender. I like to serve this on chewy bread, like ciabatta, and top with mozzerella cheese. Then stick the sandwich, open faced, under the broiler for a minute or two. YUM.

4 comments:

Shana said...

Thanks for posting this. I remember you made this that night you made dinner for us when I was on bed rest. So sweet of you! This beef was so yummy! I can't wait to make it!

Tammy said...

This sounds like something CSaw would really, really like. What is Italian seasoning in a packet? Something I would find by salad dressings?

Jane said...

Italian dressing mix (in an packet) and then Italian seasoning (this is in the spice aisle - it's dried basil, oregano, all in one bottle... I think? )

Shana said...

I made this last night. The house smelled so good and the beef was as good as I remembered. :0)