Monday, November 24, 2008

Crock-Pot Pizza

Mason's first babysitter (Miss Susan) asked each of us to drop a slow cooker at her house one week. She returned them with this inside. It's super simple and could feed a small army! I've adapted it to my family's tastes over the years and you could too. I suppose you could add in mushrooms or other favorite pizza toppings.

2-3 jars pizza zip sauce
16 oz. cooked elbow macaroni
1 lb. sausage, cooked and crumbled
6 oz. pepperoni
Large chopped onion (optional)
12 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese (a little more)
2 handfuls of parmesan cheese

Spray crockpot with non-stick cooking spray. Layer half the pasta, half the sauce, half the sausage, half the pepperoni, half the onion and half the cheese. Repeat the layers. Save half cup mozzarella cheese to sprinkle on top. Add one cup water. Cook on low 5-6 hours.

1 comment:

Jane said...

So funny... I just came across a recipe for this and was thinking of giving it a try. Now that I know it's tried and true, I definitely will!