Thursday, November 27, 2008

Sweet Potato Casserole

I found this recipe online in my search for some Thanksgiving side dishes. I have to admit, I'm not a big fan of sweet potatoes, but this dish was so delicious that I devoured it down. I made a couple of modifications when making this. You cannot go wrong with these sweet potatoes.

3 cups cooked and mashed sweet potatoes
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/3 cup evaporated milk or half and half
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour

Mix together sweet potatoes, sugar, 1/2 cup butter, milk, eggs, and vanilla. Spread into a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish.

Mix together 1/3 cup melted butter or margarine, pecans, brown sugar, and flour. Spoon on top of sweet potato mixture.

Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.

1 comment:

Jane said...

I made this exact recipe... great minds think alike. I loved it and so did Ellie.