Monday, November 10, 2008

No Crust Apple Pie

Christina Doelling passed along this recipe to me. It is a Pampered Chef recipe that provides all the goodness of apple pie minus the crust. I can't wait to make it myself!

5-6 apples peeled and slice- Granny Smith are the best
1 TBSP sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup butter
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1 egg beaten
1/2 cup walnuts (optional)

Arrange apples in deep dish pie pan. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon. In saucepan melt butter, add flour, sugar, egg and nuts. Pour over apples. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until golden brown.

Serve warm with ice cream!

3 comments:

Jane said...

Yum! This sounds delish. Have you made anything with our Lynd's apples yet? I haven't yet.

Shana said...

I made some applesauce and I used them to make the apple cider chicken and the pork with apples and cranberry. Both were great! I want to make apple crisp - maybe this weekend. We've eaten our fair share of the apples, too.

Tammy said...

Have either of you tried this yet? I'm a crust lover but this sounds pretty good.