Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Robby's Cookies

I make these for my brother and just shared with his girlfriend. :o) He's a big fan of oatmeal chocolate chip. I've modified the recipe to make it my own over the years. For one, I almost ALWAYS add extra vanilla in cookies with chocolate chips. It just tastes better. I also usually add extra flour to make sure I don't end up with a flat cookie. And, no raisins...! Don't get me wrong... raisins have their place in certain baked goods... but not in cookies. They'd just get in the way of a good time here. Hope you enjoy!

1 cup butter, softened to room temp
1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 eggs
2 tablespoons whole milk
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats (not instant)
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (at least)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Cream butter, brown sugar and white sugar together.
Add vanilla, milk and eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; add in batches to sugar mixture.
Mix well but do NOT overbeat.
Stir in oats and chocolate chips.
Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 9-10 minutes. I like them a little under-baked.

No comments: