Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Dannie's Honey Glazed Chicken

This recipe comes all the way from my brother's kitchen in Reston, Virginia. Of course, Robby wasn't the one doing the cooking. His girlfriend, Dannie, whipped this up and was kind enough to share the recipe. My brother raved about it. I will be making it this weekend.

1-2 pounds chicken pieces (Dannie uses boneless breasts and thighs, but says the recipe works with bone in pieces and even wings)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons ketchup
1 cup honey
1 clove garlic, minced
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place chicken in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Mix together the oil, soy sauce, ketchup, honey, garlic, salt and pepper. Pour over the chicken. Bake in preheated oven for one hour, or until sauce is caramelized. Flip the chicken halfway through when using boneless.

Serve over rice and spoon some of the leftover sauce over the chicken and rice.

1 comment:

Jane said...

I made this tonight. It was delicious. I added a few crushed red pepper flakes, as I do to most of my dishes, to give it a little kick. Rob and I loved the sauce. We think it would be a great marinade for grilling and would also go great with salmon. YUM!