Monday, December 1, 2008

Fresh Mozzarella Tartlets

I make this appetizer around the holidays every year. It's so easy and ridiculously good. Governor Taft's former chef, June, shared this snack with me after I devoured more than the guests did one year at a holiday open house. When I think about it, June is probably the one who peaked my interest in becoming a decent cook. She taught me a lot about good food, and she always let me help out in the kitchen before an event. One time, June showed me how to do those beautiful carmel-sugar designs you see on top of desserts in nice restaurants. Very cool, but, I digress.

1 pkg frozen mini-Filo shells
1 pkg fresh mozzarella

Preheat oven to 425. Place frozen mini-Filo shells on a cookie sheet. Cube mozzarella; place one cube in each shell. Bake 5-7 minutes until cheese is melty and bubbly. Spoon a little relish on each tartlet and serve warm.
I usually double the recipe... they go quickly! Enjoy.

No comments: