Sunday, December 28, 2008

Stir-Fried Veggies

I use this recipe with just about any fresh vegetable and it's always a perfect side dish. Green beans, peppers... Last night it was sugar snap peas. I don't have measurements because I just eyeball everything with these. YUM!

Couple handfuls of fresh veggies (or a few bell peppers, whatever!)
olive oil
minced garlic
soy sauce
slivered almonds

Heat a skillet to medium-high heat. Add olive oil; just enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Toss in veggies and keep them moving. When they are just heated through but still crisp, add soy sauce and garlic. Stir fry for a few minutes so the flavors absorb. Add slivered almonds and toss to coat. Serve immediately.

The vegetables will be crispy and really flavorful. YUMMY!

1 comment:

Shana said...

I do something similar with veggies - except I blanch the veggies first. I usually just saute them in olive oil with salt and pepper, but we'll have to give these a try.