Thursday, January 1, 2009

Pork & Sauerkraut

It's tradition in my family to have pork and sauerkraut on New Year's Day. This Crock Pot version is the easiest way I've found to make it.

2 - 3 lb. pork loin roast
1 bag of sauerkraut
1/2 cup water
2 TBSP brown sugar
salt and pepper

Place the pork loin roast in a Crock Pot. Season the roast with salt and pepper. Pour bag of sauerkraut and the juices over the roast and add 1/2 cup of water. Sprinkle brown sugar over sauerkraut and stir. Cook on HIGH for 1 hour and then turn the Crock Pot to low for 5 - 6 hours.

I plan to serve this over mashed potatoes with a side of green beans. Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Jane said...

We have pork and sauerkraut every year on New Year's Day, too. We just got home from my mother-in-law's house. It's one of my favorite meals of the year. You're right, mashed potatoes are a MUST! :o)