Friday, January 9, 2009

Pink Cloud

This is my sister's recipe. Ellie loves it, of course! Makes a great breakfast or snack.

1 (15 oz) can crushed pineapple
1 pkg strawberry Jell-O (I use sugar free)
1 (16 oz) container low-fat cottage cheese
1 (8oz) container Cool Whip (use regular, it makes all the difference. Fat free, Lite and Sugar Free could make it runny.)

In a small saucepan, mix pineapple and Jell-O powder together. Bring to a rolling boil. Turn off heat and allow to come to room temp. Stir in cottage cheese. Gently fold in Cool Whip and refrigerate for several hours before serving.

*Tip: Once the pineapple mixture cools, I thoroughly drain every bit of the juice off. I also drain the cottage cheese as much as possible before stirring it in to the pineapple mixutre. I find doing this makes the texture really fluffy. Otherwise it could get a little runny.

2 comments:

Shana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shana said...

I've made this a few times. I made it for my Grandma after her surgery this fall and she loved it. I like your suggestion about draining off the liquid. I did find it got a little runny after sitting in the fridge.