Thursday, September 3, 2009

Shredded Buffalo Chicken

Football season is upon us. And I have a new crowd-pleasing crockpot favorite. I love the taste of buffalo chicken, but those of you who know me know I can't eat meat off the bone. (Yuck.) This chicken is great on wrap or sandwiches with a little shredded cheddar, but would also be great on a buffalo chicken pizza, even nachos. And no deep-fat frying!

-4 boneless, skinless, uncooked chicken breasts
-1 bottle wing sauce
-1 packet ranch dressing mix
-2 tbsp butter

Place chicken in crockpot. Whisk together wing sauce and ranch dressing mix; pour over chicken. Cook on low 6-8 hours. Add butter to the sauce, and use two forks to shred the chicken. Don't be tempted to skip the butter, as I was. It gives the sauce a really nice texture. So good!!

3 comments:

Shana said...

Matt will love this! I think I'll make this for the Browns game tomorrow!

Tammy said...

I'll definitely try this, Jane. Looks yummy. Today is the buffalo chicken dip, white pizza and Buckeye bars. I LOVE game day!!!

Tammy said...

So not only was this chicken good for sandwiches, it made WONDERFUL fajita meat the next day. Add in the sour cream and shredded cheese .... oh mama!!!!