Saturday, March 14, 2009

Sloppy Joe's

Ever since Gretchen posted on her blog that Cooper wouldn't eat his Sloppy Joe, I have had a craving. This is on the menu tonight. Here's the recipe I use. It's about as traditional as you can get. It's great with ground turkey, too.

1 lb lean ground beef
1 cup ketchup
3 tsp Worchestire sauce
1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp onion powder
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tsp yellow or spicy mustard
1/2 tsp salt
3 tbsp water - more if you need it to thin the sauce

I make the sauce up ahead of time to let the flavors blend together. When you're ready, brown the ground beef and drain. Pour sauce and let simmer about 30 minutes. Serve on sandwich buns.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I've never been a fan, but Chris LOVES the sloppy joe. I'll have to try this one out ...