Sunday, March 1, 2009

No Bakes

Gomez asks me to make these for her all the time! They're sooo good and they're the only cookies I make that don't require the oven!

2 1/2 cups sugar
4 tablespoons cocoa
(I use Hershey's)
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup whole milk
3 cups instant oatmeal
1 tablespoon peanut butter

Over medium heat, bring the first four ingredients to a rolling boil, stirring constantly. Cook one minute. DO NOT overcook after boil starts.

Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter. Add oats. Mix and then drop on wax paper by rounded teaspoon.

Let harden but then place in air-tight container as soon as possible. They should be shiny.

3 comments:

Shana said...

I have a friend who loves these! Her birthday is coming up. I plan to make these for her. Thanks for the recipe!

Nicolle and Mike said...

By the way, where are my no bakes Tammy?

Shana said...

Made these this weekend...so good and so easy to make! Thanks for posting, Tammy!