Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Buffalo Chicken Dip

This recipe comes from Gomez's sister Natalie. The first time I had it, I fell in love! But be warned .. it's HOT!

2 big cans of Chunk White Chicken
(or about 4 diced chicken breasts)
1 cup ranch dressing
1 cup Frank’s Red Hot Wing Sauce
2 8oz. pkgs. softened cream cheese
1 bag shredded cheddar cheese
(I used sharp cheddar)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Spread softened cream cheese on bottom of baking dish.

Mix the drained chicken, buffalo sauce and ranch all together. Pour mixture over cream cheese and bake for approx 30 minutes. Remove from oven and stir cream cheese and chicken mixture all together.

Sprinkle shredded cheese on top and bake an additional 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.

Serve with tortilla chips. (I love those Scoops)

I've found that this tastes better the longer it sits. Eating it right out of the oven wasn't as good as an hour or two later. But either way - damn delicious!

5 comments:

Jane said...

I make this all the time! Love it. It's actually great made with all low-fat ingredients, too. YUMMMMMM!

Shana said...

This is one of Matt's favs! He loves when Jane serves this at one of our get togethers. Matt and Rob think this should be a meal!

Tammy said...

Missy thought you made this, Jane. I didn't remember. Apparently I wasn't paying attention at our last get-together ;)

Is this the exact same recipe? 'Cuz I'm thinking about scaling back on the hot sauce a bit. Muy caliente!

Jane said...

It is the same, with just a few differences. I only use one package of cream cheese, and let it come to room temp. Then I mix it in with the rest of the ingredients. I also mix 2 cups of cheese in with everything rather than sprinkle it on top. I find you get cheese in every bit that way. :o) I do use a cup of hot sauce (Frank's is my favorite!) but when my sister makes it she cuts it to 3/4.

This recipe is also great with celery sticks. YUMS, now I'm craving some Buffalo Chicken Dip!

Jane said...

One other thing I do differently, Tams... I use regular hot sauce as opposed to Wing Sauce. I have actually never tried it with wing sauce, so I don't know if it would make a difference or not with the heat factor.