Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Totally Bitchin' Blondies

Did you know that Friday is National Blondie Day? You MUST make a pan of these to celebrate.

-1 1/2 sticks butter
-2 cups brown sugar
-2 eggs, beaten
-2 tbsp vanilla
-2 cups all-purpose flour
-1 tsp baking powder
-1/4 tsp baking soda
-1 tsp salt
-chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350. Melt butter, mix with brown sugar until sugar begins to dissolve. Add beaten eggs and vanilla; mix until smooth. Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together with a fork until there are no lumps. (I NEVER sift... too much work. Do you?) Spray a 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray (I use Pam for Baking) . Add batter and smooth evenly into the pan. Top with chocolate chips (as many as you want!) and lightly press into the batter. Bake for about 35 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.

2 comments:

Shana said...

I have had the worst craving for something like this. I've been trying to ignore it in my quest to lose the baby weight, but since tomorrow is National day then I simply must bake these. Heading to the kitchen right now...

Shana said...

I made these today...so good! Grace loved them too. So soft and chewy. The perfect sweet treat!