Thursday, November 5, 2009

Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Bread

I doctored up a recipe I found using instant apple cinnamon oatmeal. I didn't have any, and threw in a couple of extras. My version turned out really good. I used my mom's homemade applesauce I had in the freezer. She makes the best... just chunky enough and very sweet and cinnamony.

Bread
-1/4 cup butter, softened
-1 cup sugar
-1 1/2 cups applesauce
-2 eggs
-1 tsp vanilla
-3/4 cup quick cooking oats
-1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
-1 tsp baking soda
-1 tsp cinnamon
-1/4 tsp salt
Topping
-1 tbsp quick cooking oats
-1 tsp sugar
-1 tsp cinnamon
Cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs, applesauce and vanilla and mix well. Add oatmeal, flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Mix well. Pour in a loaf pan and top with more oats, sugar and cinnamon. Bake in loaf pan at 350 for 60-65 minutes.

No comments: