Sunday, June 28, 2009

Mary's Guacamole

"I never liked avocados, until someone told me how fattenening they were." - Paula Deen

I spent 34 years turning my nose up at guacamole. I thought it looked gross, tasted gross and had a gross texture. What I realize now is that I was eating the WRONG guacamole. My friend Mary made this for a girls' night one time, and just to be polite, because she's my friend and all, I tried it. Then I ate the rest of the bowl!!! She was kind enough to share her recipe. I've had it for dinner twice this week. Enjoy... I DO! And thank goodness I've come to my senses about guacamole.
For every 1 avocado you use, add:

-juice of 1/2 lime
-sprinkling of kosher salt
-fresh cracked pepper to taste
-1 clove garlic

Because I am obsessed, I add:
-1 tbsp or so fresh chopped cilantro
-1/2 cup or so fresh chopped grape tomatoes

I use a potato masher to mash the top four ingredients together, then gently stir in the cilantro and grape tomatoes.

No comments: