Sunday, April 26, 2009

My Mom's Margaritas

When the weather gets warmer, all Rob and I want to do is fire up the grill and bust out the blender for some yummy margaritas. We made these tonight. My mom's recipe is the best I've ever tried, even better than any Mexican restaurant I've ever been to. Most of them use a mix. Blech.

1 can frozen limeade
1 can (or 3/4, depending on how strong you like them) tequila (use the limeade can)
1/2 can triple sec
juice of two fresh limes
ice

Combine first four ingredients in your blender; cover with enough ice to fill the blender. Then, let 'er rip!! My mom serves hers with lime-flavored salt-rimmed glasses. She found this in a shop somewhere, but as also made it by combining lime zest with coarse salt. Rub lime around your margarita glass then dip into the salt.

My mom says these are also great if you can find lime sorbet... NOT sherbert. It's hard to find. Use that instead of the limeade if you can.

Cheers... and invite me over if you're making these!

No comments: